- NYC BROWNSTONES getting ready for HALLOWEEN
- (no title)
- An Armageddon cloud descended over Manhattan tonight
- Walkin’ the dog in Central Parl
- I PAINTED OUR GARBAGE BINS
- ABC CARPET is Bankrupt
- This weeks cover of THE NEW YORKER
- 9/11 Memorial TOWER OF LIGHT
- In Remembrance of 9/11
- Nick Cave’s new ART INSTALLATION in Times Square
- AMERICA (10)
- Animals (344)
- Architecture (502)
- ART (986)
- BROADWAY (85)
- Central Park (256)
- CHRISTMAS (110)
- Churches (28)
- DANCE (61)
- DETROIT (22)
- DIFFA (7)
- EASTER (30)
- ENTERTAINMENT (444)
- FAMOUS PEOPLE (581)
- Fashion (676)
- Flea Markets (66)
- Flowers (298)
- Food (458)
- Galleries (143)
- GARDENS (114)
- GAY (187)
- GAY PRIDE (113)
- HALLOWEEN (78)
- HOLIDAYS (68)
- Hotels (27)
- Lincoln Center events (159)
- Mannequins (116)
- MARATHON (2)
- MODELS (172)
- Museums (90)
- MUSIC (66)
- MY TERRACE (136)
- MY TRAVELS (37)
- nature (10)
- NEW YORK CITY (1,000)
- New York City adventures (727)
- New York Fashion Week (205)
- NEW YORKERS (1,105)
- PARKS (148)
- PEOPLE (188)
- POLITICS (1)
- PROTEST MARCHES (11)
- Restaurants (250)
- RUNWAY SHOWS (63)
- SHOPPING (414)
- sports (1)
- Stores (145)
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY (448)
- THE STREETS OF NEW YORK (373)
- Thrifts (41)
- Tom's Cuisine (62)
- Transportation (42)
- Uncategorized (533)
- WINTER (20)
- Angels Ari Seth Cohen Art Artists arts Bergdorf Goodman BERGDORFS Bethesda Fountain Celebrities Central Park Christmas trees Cute dogs Cute Guys Cute Kids Dakota Apartments Detroit DIFFA Dogs Drag queens Easter Easter Bonnets Easter Eggs Easter Hats Easter Parade entertainment Fashion Fashion Designers Fashion Week Fifth Avenue flowers Food Gay Pride Gays Graffiti Greenwich Village HALLOWEEN Halloween Costumes Handsome Men Happy Halloween hats Homeless people Ilona Royce Smithkin John Lennon Lesbians Lincoln Center Lincoln Center Events Lincoln Center Plaza Manhattan Mannequins Marilyn Monroe Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Merry Christmas Models My Terrace New York City New Yorkers NYC Photographers Photography Picasso restaurants Runway Shows Santa Santa Claus Sculpture Statue of Liberty Streets of New York Style Sunglasses Tattoos thomas L Cathey Times Square tom's eye view Tom's Terrace Upper West Side
Tag Archives: Flea MarketsImage
The local FLEA has gotten a lot “grander”……and is now called….the Columbus Avenue GRAND BAZAAR. How bizarre is that!
SASCHA a star at the NYC BALLET [at the Met Opera House] is a regular……..and LARRY who is known as the KING of FLEA…….sets up his stall every Sunday……..rain or shine!
The only thing I bought last Sunday was one MICKEY MOUSE…and one MINNIE MOUSE.
My dear friend Monica………..with a smile on her face………and beautiful wares in her booth………a welcome sight at my local “Marche aux Puces.
When Napoleon ordered his imperial architect , Haussmann, to create broad boulevards in the middle of Paris……..he forced dealers of second hand goods to flee their dwellings………so they erected their stalls in 1860 at the gate “Porte de Clignancourt”………….where the famous Paris flea market still exists.
What did I buy today……..only the antique photo of the bride.
My friend, Simon, from Birmingham [as in England]…..with Larry, one of the markets favorite vendors.
Baudina and Don and I……….had a bit of fun at the flea. We bought NADA. Prices were insane………some fun stuff here and there…………but a lot of JUNK!
The FLEA is under the bridge in Brooklyn…….a schlep from Manhattan.
I guess I liked the Kewpie doll……but not for $50. For $25 it would have been mine!
MONICA and her mom….TINA. Two sweet ladies……….sharing their smiles and “finds” at my favorite Flea Market in Manhattan.
In Paris they call it Marché aux Puces…………yes we all know that means “fleas”.
But none of the “treasures and trash” on Columbus Avenue have “fleas”.
CLICK ON a treasure………..no trash here!
It’s a fun “flea” to find Antiques and Collectibles. I always come home with something.
The annual London Terrace street fair was today. It is a fun one to shop and I always look forward to buying a few crazy things. Today I am looking for a BUCK ! And will spend bucks to get one !
I always head here first…………fabulous fabrics………will become my cushion…napkins and tablecloths. I bought 6 bolts.
RICK! Only $75………but he can’t give you a massage !
$50. Pretty but I passed.
Sparky was not for sale.
I found my BUCK! $300. I left him right where he was. For that price I could fill my freezer with his steaks.
Maybe he’s looking for a new babushka.
Making crepes while you wait. I just ate! Bacon and grits.
My dear friends Gino and George…….and a table full of gorgeous Victorian Scraps.
MY OWN ART!.. I sold these in the Greenwich Village Art show…….38 years ago! Now I have them back. Two for a dollar.
This coffee pot is now in my studio.
Passed on this trio.
Too tired to stoop.
Cute guys. Selling off their toys. I bought a DUCT TAPE wallet.
Strange Combinations……..and two tablespoons was just enough. Both were delish.
Hmmmmmm…….only $75……..should I take him?
This was the first time I have encountered BAR III…….and it was a fun surprise to see them at my local Flea Market on Columbus Avenue. They set up a tent to “strut their stuff”.
BAR III started here in NYC with the “It Girls”……Corey Kennedy and Hannah Bronfman.
ONE STOP SHOPPING…..accessories, jewelry…clothes for men and women and bedding for your home. All smartly styled.
The clothes are fashion forward…….and won’t break your bank. They are also for sale at MACY”s in the Impulse Department.
HOW DO YOU RAISE THE BAR??? just Tweet
My week-end guests……… three lovely ladies from……… Detroit stuffed their suitcases with “treasures and trash” from the GARAGE FLEA MARKET on West 25th street early on Saturday morning. We had fun! Vintage clothes, jewelry, art and assorted chotchkies…..and one African tribal mask.
And what is she going to do with a transformer robot?