- AMERICA (16)
- Animals (355)
- Architecture (510)
- ART (1,017)
- BROADWAY (85)
- Central Park (266)
- CHRISTMAS (122)
- Churches (28)
- DANCE (61)
- DETROIT (22)
- DIFFA (7)
- EASTER (31)
- ENTERTAINMENT (449)
- FAMOUS PEOPLE (596)
- Fashion (681)
- Flea Markets (66)
- Flowers (300)
- Food (475)
- Galleries (144)
- GARDENS (115)
- GAY (188)
- GAY PRIDE (114)
- HALLOWEEN (79)
- HOLIDAYS (74)
- Hotels (27)
- Lincoln Center events (160)
- Mannequins (116)
- MARATHON (2)
- MODELS (172)
- Museums (94)
- MUSIC (66)
- MY TERRACE (136)
- MY TRAVELS (37)
- nature (13)
- NEW YORK CITY (1,054)
- New York City adventures (732)
- New York Fashion Week (205)
- NEW YORKERS (1,130)
- PARKS (153)
- PEOPLE (193)
- POLITICS (3)
- PROTEST MARCHES (11)
- Restaurants (259)
- RUNWAY SHOWS (63)
- SHOPPING (424)
- sports (1)
- Stores (146)
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY (471)
- THE STREETS OF NEW YORK (382)
- Thrifts (41)
- Tom's Cuisine (62)
- Transportation (43)
- Uncategorized (548)
- WINTER (21)
- Angels Ari Seth Cohen Art Artists arts Bergdorf Goodman BERGDORFS Bethesda Fountain Celebrities Central Park Christmas trees Cute dogs Cute Guys Cute Kids Dakota Apartments Detroit DIFFA Dogs Drag queens Easter Easter Bonnets Easter Eggs Easter Hats Easter Parade entertainment Fashion Fashion Designers Fashion Week Fifth Avenue flowers Food Gay Pride Gays Graffiti Greenwich Village HALLOWEEN Halloween Costumes Handsome Men Happy Halloween hats Homeless people Ilona Royce Smithkin John Lennon Lesbians Lincoln Center Lincoln Center Events Lincoln Center Plaza Manhattan Mannequins Marilyn Monroe Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Merry Christmas Models My Terrace New York City New Yorkers NYC Photographers Photography Picasso restaurants Runway Shows Santa Santa Claus Sculpture Statue of Liberty Streets of New York Style Sunglasses Tattoos thomas L Cathey Times Square tom's eye view Tom's Terrace Upper West Side
Category Archives: GalleriesImage
Victorian and very “wooly”……….as seen with Picasso’s “BOY with PIPE”
Pablo painted this canvas when he was only 24. The boy is “ little Louis”…….a street child who became friends with Picasso.
The canvas was last sold at auction for $105 million.
Manhattan Arts and Antique Center was having a sale today. I bit the bullet and bought 12. Here are six from the PARIS 1900 Exhibition
I have NO wall space available so I will stack them in my cabinets where the other 50,000 pieces of art are stored.
You will recognize
When I lived in Detroit……..I rented a space across from the Fisher Theater on Second Ave. I used it for my art studio [in the evenings after work] and gallery as well. Judy worked for me at Korvett’s as my fashion coordinator………and when I had shows……she was my “hostess”.
CREEL and GOW
When I shop here……..I want to buy almost everything in their shop.
I already have a ZEBRA rug……….so I passed on that today……I bought it in South Africa years ago.
Hmmmmmm…….a stuffed parrot………I passed on that too.
This weeks NEW YORKER cover is by the Argentinian cartoonist Ricardo Siri.……whose pen name is LINIERS. I love his art.
You can google him and see hundreds of his cartoons.
40 booths comprise the ART FAIR……representing over 200 artist/printmakers.
LOCATION: The Caldwell Factory 547 West 26th st…
between 10th and 11th Avenues.
My friend Greg is selling prints in the BURNET EDITIONS booth A03.
SARAH…….his assistant can answer all your questions about the prints…………and explain how they are made.
LULU sniffs out potential buyers.
Go online to see all of the artists at work.
Currently at the MUSEUM of ART and DESIGN [at Columbus Circle]
The exhibition explores the visual language of PUNK with hundreds of graphics on display……..1976-1988
The show was organized by the CRANBROOK ART MUSEUM in Bloomfield Hills Michigan.
If you want a view of the HUDSON RIVER…..and you want to climh 152 flights of stairs…………and wait in line for your “ticket to climb”……….head on down to West 34th street.
Is it a honeycomb….or a……….New Yorkers are calling it whatever they want.
It weights 60 tons and cost $150 million.
It is part of a new mega-mall on the Hudson River………even Neiman Marcus has opened a store there………….and 30 new restaurants are scattered about the buildings…….all very UPSCALE. Tres chic…..and expensive.