It was a shock to look out from my terrace and see a brownstone on fire. Dozens of fire engines responded…….and within minutes the blaze was put out.
New York’s finest!
I went around the corner to see the damage…..but the street was closed off. It was mayhem.
My neighbors were as stunned as I was.
A young woman fled to thew roof with her dog.
My neighbor, Terry on his terrace……….put down his beer long enough to watch the smoke subside.
But over on West 68th street the smoke was still billowing.
This is the reason no BAR-B-Q’s are allowed on balconies or terraces in New York City.